Re: pg_stat_statements oddity with track = all

From: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Sergei Kornilov <sk(at)zsrv(dot)org>, legrand legrand <legrand_legrand(at)hotmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_stat_statements oddity with track = all
Date: 2021-04-08 12:05:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 10:30:53AM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> I agree. If those numbers are indeed representable, it seems like
> better to pay that overhead than to pay the overhead of trying to
> de-dupe it.
>
> Let's hope they are :)

:)

> Looking through ti again my feeling said the toplevel column should go
> after the queryid and not before, but I'm not going to open up a
> bikeshed over that.
>
> I've added in a comment to cover that one that you removed (if you did
> send an updated patch as you said, then I missed it -- sorry), and
> applied the rest.

Oops, somehow I totally forgot to send the new patch, sorry :(

While looking at the patch, I unfortunately just realize that I unnecessarily
bumped the version to 1.10, as 1.9 was already new as of pg14. Honestly I have
no idea why I used 1.10 at that time. Version numbers are not a scarce
resource but maybe it would be better to keep 1.10 for a future major postgres
version?

If yes, PFA a patch to merge 1.10 in 1.9.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Don-t-bump-pg_stat_statements-to-1.10-in-REL_14_S.patch text/x-diff 8.7 KB