Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view?

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Nitin Jadhav <nitinjadhavpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Hannu Krosing <hannuk(at)google(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, torikoshia <torikoshia(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>, Atsushi Torikoshi <atorik(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tatsuro Yamada <tatsuro(dot)yamada(dot)tf(at)nttcom(dot)co(dot)jp>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Evgeny Efimkin <efimkin(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view?
Date: 2021-04-07 22:38:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 05:56:25AM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2021 at 04:22:55PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > aOn Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 04:15:50PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > >
> > > For starters, you could try to make the buildfarm green again.
> >
> > Wow, that's odd. The cfbot was green, so I never even looked at the
> > buildfarm. I will look at that now, and the CVS log issue.
>
> Sorry about that. The issue came from animals with jit_above_cost = 0
> outputting more lines than expected. I fixed that by using the same query as
> before in explain.sql, as they don't generate any JIT output.

Yes, I just came to the same conclusion, that 'SELECT 1' didn't generate
the proper output lines to allow explain_filter() to strip out the JIT
lines. I have applied your patch for this, which should fix the build
farm. (I see my first green report now.)

> I also added the queryid to the csvlog output and fixed the documentation that
> mention how to create a table to access the data.

Uh, I think your patch missed a few things. First, you use "%zd"
(size_t) for the printf string, but calls to pgstat_get_my_queryid() in
src/backend/utils/error/elog.c used "%ld". Which is correct? I see
pgstat_get_my_queryid() as returning uint64, but I didn't think a uint64
fits in a BIGINT SQL column.

Also, you missed the SGML paragraph doc change, but you correctly
changed the SQL table definition.

I am attaching my version of the patch.

EDB https://enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size