Re: libpq debug log

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: iwata(dot)aya(at)fujitsu(dot)com
Cc: alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com, k(dot)jamison(at)fujitsu(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq debug log
Date: 2021-04-02 05:40:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Fri, 2 Apr 2021 02:56:44 +0000, "iwata(dot)aya(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <iwata(dot)aya(at)fujitsu(dot)com> wrote in
> Hi Alvaro san
>
> Thank you for your fix of trace log code.

The redacted fields, F, L and R contained source file, souce line and
source function respectively. It is reasonable guess that the
difference comes from them but I'm not sure how they make a difference
of 50 bytes in length...

Anyway if the length is wrong, we should get an error after emitting
the log line.

> if (logCursor - 1 != length)
> fprintf(conn->Pfdebug,
> "mismatched message length: consumed %d, expected %d\n",
> logCursor - 1, length);

So, the cheapest measure for regression test would be just making the
length field, while regress is true...

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi