Re: Postgres Analog of Oracle APPEND hint

From: "Peter J(dot) Holzer" <hjp-pgsql(at)hjp(dot)at>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres Analog of Oracle APPEND hint
Date: 2021-03-05 15:10:12
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2021-02-25 14:52:20 -0500, Rumpi Gravenstein wrote:
> My use case involves complicated joins on source tables in one schema loading a
> target table in the same or a different schema.

So source(s) and target are in the same database? That wasn't clear from
your earlier mails.

If you are doing "complicated joins on source tables" that's probably
where the bottleneck will be, so you shouldn't worry about the insert
speed unless (or until) you notice that the bottleneck is writing the
data, not reading it.

hp

--
_ | Peter J. Holzer | Story must make more sense than reality.
|_|_) | |
__/ | http://www.hjp.at/ | challenge!"