Re: [Proposal] Page Compression for OLTP

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: chenhj <chjischj(at)163(dot)com>
Cc: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Proposal] Page Compression for OLTP
Date: 2021-02-18 16:12:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 11:15:36PM +0800, chenhj wrote:
> At 2021-02-16 21:51:14, "Daniel Gustafsson" <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:
>
> >> On 16 Feb 2021, at 15:45, chenhj <chjischj(at)163(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> >> I want to know whether this patch can be accepted by the community, that is, whether it is necessary for me to continue working for this Patch.
> >> If you have any suggestions, please feedback to me.
> >
> >It doesn't seem like the patch has been registered in the commitfest app so it
> >may have been forgotten about, the number of proposed patches often outnumber
> >the code review bandwidth. Please register it at:
> >
> > https://commitfest.postgresql.org/32/
> >
> >..to make sure it doesn't get lost.
> >
> >--
>
> >Daniel Gustafsson https://vmware.com/
>

> Thanks, I will complete this patch and registered it later.
> Chen Huajun

The simplest way forward is to register it now so it doesn't miss the
window for the upcoming commitfest (CF), which closes at the end of
this month. That way, everybody has the entire time between now and
the end of the CF to review the patch, work on it, etc, and the CF bot
will be testing it against the changing code base to ensure people
know if such a change causes it to need a rebase.

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!