Re: Next Commitfest Manager.

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar(dot)ahmad(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Next Commitfest Manager.
Date: 2021-02-03 20:13:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings,

* Ibrar Ahmed (ibrar(dot)ahmad(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> Anyone else already volunteers that? It is my first time so need some
> access, if all agree.

Thanks for volunteering!

That said, our last commitfest tends to be the most difficult as it's
the last opportunity for features to land in time for the next major
release and, for my part at least, I think it'd be best to have
someone who has experience running a CF previously manage it.

To that end, I've talked to David Steele, who has run this last CF for
the past few years and we're in agreement that he's willing to run this
CF again this year, assuming there's no objections. What we've thought
to suggest is that you follow along with David as he runs this CF and
then offer to run the July CF. Of course, we would encourage you and
David to communicate and for you to ask David any questions you have
about how he handles things as part of the CF. This is in line with how
other CF managers have started out also.

Open to your thoughts, as well as those of anyone else who wishes to
comment.

Thanks!

Stephen