pg_dump vs. GRANT OPTION among initial privileges

From: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump vs. GRANT OPTION among initial privileges
Date: 2021-01-09 10:24:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

pg_dump can generate invalid SQL syntax if an aclitem in pg_init_privs
contains a GRANT OPTION (an asterisk in the aclitemout() representation).
Also, pg_dump uses REVOKE GRANT OPTION FOR where it needs plain REVOKE. For
more details, see the log message in the attached patch. I recommend
reviewing "diff -w" output first. I'm not certain the test suite will always
find those REVOKE statements in the same order; if that order varies, one
regex will need more help.

Attachment Content-Type Size
grant-option-dump-v1.patch text/plain 7.3 KB