Re: Proposed patch for key managment

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Alastair Turner <minion(at)decodable(dot)me>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Masahiko Sawada <masahiko(dot)sawada(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Proposed patch for key managment
Date: 2020-12-21 21:44:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 09:38:55PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > I'll have a go at adding another keyring and/or abstracting the key
> > wrap and see how well a true peer to the passphrase approach fits in.
>
> Having patches to review and consider definitely helps, imv.

I disagree. Our order is:

Desirability -> Design -> Implement -> Test -> Review -> Commit
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo#Development_Process

so, by posting a patch, you are decided to skip the first _two_
requirements. I think it might be time for me to create a new thread
so it is not confused by whatever is posted here.

EnterpriseDB https://enterprisedb.com