|From:||Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>|
|Cc:||Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>|
|Subject:||Default role -> Predefined role|
|Views:||Raw Message | Whole Thread | Download mbox | Resend email|
Attached is a patch to move from 'default role' terminology to
'predefined role' in the documentation. In the code, I figured it made
more sense to avoid saying either one and instead opted for just
'ROLE_NAME_OF_ROLE' as the #define, which we were very close to (one
removing the 'DEFAULT' prefix) but didn't actually entirely follow.
This would only apply to HEAD, and we'd use the doc redirect + doc alias
features of the website to prevent links to things like /current from
breaking and to provide a smooth path. In the back-branches there would
be a smaller update that just notes that in v14 'default roles' were
renamed to 'predefined roles'.
Compiles and passes regressions, and I didn't find any other obvious
references to 'default roles'. Where I did find such comments in the
code, I opted generally to just remove the 'default' qualification as it
wasn't really needed.
I had contemplated calling these 'capabilities' or similar but ended up
deciding not to- they really are roles, after all.
|Next Message||Peter Geoghegan||2020-11-20 21:21:42||Re: xid wraparound danger due to INDEX_CLEANUP false|
|Previous Message||Heikki Linnakangas||2020-11-20 21:09:34||Re: Refactor pg_rewind code and make it work against a standby|