Re: cutting down the TODO list thread

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cutting down the TODO list thread
Date: 2020-10-27 19:46:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 03:24:35PM -0400, John Naylor wrote:
> As I mentioned in [1], I've volunteered to clear out the TODO list of items
> that appear to be too difficult, controversial, or otherwise not worth doing to
> warrant being listed there. I'll be working a few sections at a time, and every
> so often I'll have a list of proposed items for removal. If I don't hear
> objections, I'll remove the items after a few days while going through the next
> set.
>
> Where there's an email thread, I've skimmed a few messages to get a sense of
> the community's thoughts on it. Where easily determined, I've taken age into
> account, insofar as something from 2017 is going to get much more benefit of
> doubt than something from 2008. I've added after each item a phrase that sums
> up the reason I believe it doesn't belong anymore. Feedback welcome, of course,
> although I suspect there won't be much.

Thanks for working on this. It certainly needs new eyes (not mine). ;-)

I am fine reomving all the items below. I am kind of disappointed we
have these _stuck_ items, but I don't see a clear way forward, so let's
just remove them and see what requests we get for them.

EnterpriseDB https://enterprisedb.com