Re: speed up unicode normalization quick check

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Masahiko Sawada <masahiko(dot)sawada(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Mark Dilger <mark(dot)dilger(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: speed up unicode normalization quick check
Date: 2020-10-20 01:49:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 12:12:00PM -0400, John Naylor wrote:
> I see, I should have looked for that when Michael mentioned it. We could
> left-justify instead, as in the attached. If it were up to me, though, I'd
> just format it like pgindent expects, even if not nice looking. It's just a
> bunch of numbers.

The aligned numbers have the advantage to make the checks of the code
generated easier, for the contents and the format produced. So using
a right padding as you are suggesting here rather than a new exception
in .gitattributes sounds fine to me. I simplified things a bit as the
attached, getting rid of the last comma while on it. Does that look
fine to you?
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix-whitespace-hash-func-v2.patch text/x-diff 907 bytes