Re: v13: show extended stats target in \d

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Georgios Kokolatos <gkokolatos(at)protonmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: v13: show extended stats target in \d
Date: 2020-09-11 19:26:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2020-Sep-09, Justin Pryzby wrote:

> As for the discussion about a separator, I think maybe a comma is enough. I
> doubt anyone is going to think that you can get a valid command by prefixing
> this by "CREATE STATISTICS". Actually, it didn't even occur to me it was valid
> command without the stats target - after all, that's not true of indexes.
>
> + "public"."ab1_a_b_stats" (ndistinct, dependencies, mcv) ON a, b FROM ab1, STATISTICS 0
>
> This revision only shows the stats target in verbose mode (slash dee plus).

I put it back to show in non-verbose mode; after all it's only in the
infrequent case that it's set to anything at all, and also it doesn't
take up another column, as is the case with per-column stats targets.

I changed the separator from comma to semicolon, because it seems a
little less ambiguous. It's easy to change if people hate that.

... and pushed. Thanks.