Re: v13: CLUSTER segv with wal_level=minimal and parallel index creation

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, noah(at)leadboat(dot)com
Subject: Re: v13: CLUSTER segv with wal_level=minimal and parallel index creation
Date: 2020-09-07 08:40:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Mon, 07 Sep 2020 13:45:28 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in
> The cause is that the worker had received pending-sync entry correctly
> but not never created a relcache entry for the relation using
> RelationBuildDesc. So the rd_firstRelfilenodeSubid is not correctly
> set.
>
> I'm investigating it.

Relcaches are loaded from a file with old content at parallel worker
startup. The relcache entry is corrected by invalidation at taking a
lock but pending syncs are not considered.

Since parallel workers don't access the files so we can just ignore
the assertion safely, but I want to rd_firstRelfilenodeSubid flag at
invalidation, as attached PoC patch.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix_para_reindex_on_mapped_rels_opc.patch text/x-patch 1.2 KB