Refactor ReindexStmt and its "concurrent" boolean

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Refactor ReindexStmt and its "concurrent" boolean
Date: 2020-09-02 11:03:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

$subject has been mentioned a couple of times, including today:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20200902010012.GE1489@paquier.xyz

We have a boolean argument in ReindexStmt to control a concurrent
run, and we also have in parallel of that a bitmask to control the
options of the statement, which feels like a duplicate. Attached is a
patch to refactor the whole, adding CONCURRENTLY as a member of the
available options. This simplifies a bit the code.

Any thoughts?
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
reindex-concurrent-refactor-v1.patch text/x-diff 10.0 KB