Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance

From: Yugo NAGATA <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, hoshiai(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp, michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz, amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com, alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com, kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance
Date: 2020-08-21 08:23:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 10:02:42 +0900 (JST)
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> I have looked into this.

Thank you for your reviewing!

> - 0004-Allow-to-prolong-life-span-of-transition-tables-unti.patch:
> This one needs a comment to describe what the function does etc.
>
> +void
> +SetTransitionTablePreserved(Oid relid, CmdType cmdType)
> +{

I added a comment for this function and related places.

+/*
+ * SetTransitionTablePreserved
+ *
+ * Prolong lifespan of transition tables corresponding specified relid and
+ * command type to the end of the outmost query instead of each nested query.
+ * This enables to use nested AFTER trigger's transition tables from outer
+ * query's triggers. Currently, only immediate incremental view maintenance
+ * uses this.
+ */
+void
+SetTransitionTablePreserved(Oid relid, CmdType cmdType)

Also, I removed releted unnecessary code which was left accidentally.

> - 0007-Add-aggregates-support-in-IVM.patch
> "Check if the given aggregate function is supporting" shouldn't be
> "Check if the given aggregate function is supporting IVM"?

Yes, you are right. I fixed this, too.

> + * check_aggregate_supports_ivm
> + *
> + * Check if the given aggregate function is supporting

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--
Yugo NAGATA <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>

Attachment Content-Type Size
IVM_patches_v17.tar.gz application/gzip 76.3 KB