Re: Function name "text_out" should be "textout"

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Erwin Brandstetter <brsaweda(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Function name "text_out" should be "textout"
Date: 2020-07-04 12:57:04
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Sat, Jul 04, 2020 at 09:59:22AM +0200, Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> Close to the bottom of:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/plpgsql-implementation.html
> (and all previous version)
> ... the manual says:
>
> > During the ensuing assignment to the local variable curtime, the PL/pgSQL
> interpreter casts this string to the timestamp type by calling the text_out
> and timestamp_in functions for the conversion.
>
> Should most probably be "textout" instead of "text_out". See:

The doc is wrong and you are right, good catch. In the case of the
function logfunc2, the plpgsql parser assigns the value from 'now' by
using textout, then timestamp_in. I'll go fix this one, tomorrow if
possible, but most likely the day after. This error has existed for
22 years, since da63386 to be exact.
--
Michael