Re: A patch for get origin from commit_ts.

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Madan Kumar <madankumar1993(at)gmail(dot)com>, "movead(dot)li(at)highgo(dot)ca" <movead(dot)li(at)highgo(dot)ca>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, andres(at)anarazel(dot)de, soumyadeep2007(at)gmail(dot)com, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: A patch for get origin from commit_ts.
Date: 2020-06-30 18:32:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2020-Jun-30, Michael Paquier wrote:

> Another question that has popped up when doing this review is what
> would be the use-case of adding this information at SQL level knowing
> that logical replication exists since 10?

Logical replication in core is a far cry from a fully featured
replication solution. Kindly do not claim that we can now remove
features just because in-core logical replication does not use them;
this argument is ignoring the fact that we're still a long way from
developing actually powerful logical replication capabilities.