Re: PostgreSQL and big data - FDW

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: ROS Didier <didier(dot)ros(at)edf(dot)fr>
Cc: "sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net" <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and big data - FDW
Date: 2020-06-25 15:36:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 07:02:37AM +0000, ROS Didier wrote:
> Hi Stephen
>
> My EDF company is very interested in this feature (KERBEROS authentication method and hdfs_fdw ).
> Is it possible to know how many days of development does this represent ? who can develop this implementation ? what cost ?

Uh, the only thing I can suggest is to contact one of the larger
Postgres support companies (ones that have developers who understand the
server code, or at least the FDW code), and ask them for estimates. The
community really can't supply any of that, unless you want to do the
work and want source code tips.

EnterpriseDB https://enterprisedb.com