Re: Postgresql13_beta1 (could not rename temporary statistics file) Windows 64bits

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgresql13_beta1 (could not rename temporary statistics file) Windows 64bits
Date: 2020-06-15 02:07:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 03:15:52PM -0300, Ranier Vilela wrote:
> Posgres13_beta1, is consistently writing to the logs, "could not rename
> temporary statistics file".
> When analyzing the source that writes the log, I simplified the part that
> writes the logs a little.

FWIW, I have been running a server on Windows for some time with
pgbench running in the background, combined with some starts and stops
but I cannot see that. This log entry uses LOG, which is the level we
use for the TAP tests and please note that there are four buildfarm
animals for Windows able to run the TAP tests and they don't seem to
show that problem either: drongo, fairywen, jacana and bowerbird. I
may be missing something of course.
--
Michael