Re: TAP tests and symlinks on Windows

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari(at)ilmari(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TAP tests and symlinks on Windows
Date: 2020-06-13 06:00:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 02:02:52PM +0200, Juan José Santamaría Flecha wrote:
> The first thing that comes to mind is adding an option to vcregress to
> choose whether symlinks will be tested or skipped, would that be an
> acceptable solution?

My take would be to actually enforce that as a requirement for 14~ if
that works reliably, and of course not backpatch that change as that's
clearly an improvement and not a bug fix. It would be good to check
the status of each buildfarm member first though. And I would need to
also check my own stuff to begin with..
--
Michael