Re: Postgres Windows build system doesn't work with python installed in Program Files

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>, Victor Wagner <vitus(at)wagner(dot)pp(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres Windows build system doesn't work with python installed in Program Files
Date: 2020-05-07 05:45:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 06, 2020 at 12:17:03AM +0200, Juan José Santamaría Flecha wrote:
> Please forgive me if I am being too nitpicky, but I find the comments a
> little too verbose, a usage format might be more visual and easier to
> explain:
>
> Usage: build [[CONFIGURATION] COMPONENT]
>
> The options are case-insensitive.
> CONFIGURATION sets the configuration to build, "debug" or "release" (by
> default).
> COMPONENT defines a component to build. An empty option means all
> components.

Your comment makes sense to me. What about the attached then? On top
of documenting the script usage in the code, let's trigger it if it
gets called with more than 3 arguments. What do you think?

FWIW, I forgot to mention that I don't think those warnings are worth
a backpatch. No objections with improving things on HEAD of course.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
msvc-build-init-v2.patch text/x-diff 1.7 KB