Re: doc review for v13

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: James Coleman <jtc331(at)gmail(dot)com>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: doc review for v13
Date: 2020-04-27 06:03:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 08:59:05PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> James Coleman <jtc331(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>> On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 12:13 PM Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com> wrote:
>>> I think my text is correct. This would *also* be correct:
>>> But not the hybrid: "If any OF THE .. is .."
>
>> "any of the...are" sounds more natural to my ears,
>
> Yeah, I think the same. If you want to argue grammar, I'd point
> out that the "any" could refer to several of the constraints,
> making it correct to use the plural verb. The alternative that
> Justin mentions could be written as "If any one constraint is ...",
> which is correct in that form; but the plural way seems less stilted.

Hm, okay. There are still pieces in those patches about which I am
not sure, so I have let that aside for the time being.

Anyway, I have applied patch 12, and reported the typos from imath.c
directly to upstream:
https://github.com/creachadair/imath/issues/45
https://github.com/creachadair/imath/issues/46
--