Re: doc review for v13

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: doc review for v13
Date: 2020-04-10 02:27:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 08, 2020 at 11:56:53AM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> I previously mailed separately about a few individual patches, some of which
> have separate, ongoing discussion and aren't included here (incr sort, parallel
> vacuum).

I have gone through your changes, and committed what looked like the
most obvious mistakes in my view. Please see below for more
comments.

required pages to remove both downlink and rightlink are already locked. That
-evades potential right to left page locking order, which could deadlock with
+avoid potential right to left page locking order, which could deadlock with
Not sure which one is better, but the new change is grammatically
incorrect.

<varname>auto_explain.log_settings</varname> controls whether information
- about modified configuration options are printed when execution plan is logged.
- Only options affecting query planning with value different from the built-in
+ about modified configuration options is printed when an execution plan is logged.
+ Only those options which affect query planning and whose value differs from its built-in
Depends on how you read the sentence, but here is seemt to me that
"statistics" is the correct subject, no?

- replication is disabled. Abrupt streaming client disconnection might
+ replication is disabled. Abrupt disconnection of a streaming client might
Original looks correct to me here.

<literal>_tz</literal> suffix. These functions have been implemented to
- support comparison of date/time values that involves implicit
+ support comparison of date/time values that involve implicit
The subject is "comparison" here, no?

may be included. It also stores the size, last modification time, and
- an optional checksum for each file.
+ optionally a checksum for each file.
The original sounds fine to me as well.

Anything related to imath.c needs to be reported upstream, though I
recall reporting these two already.
--
Michael