Re: BUG #16325: Assert failure on partitioning by int for a text value with a collation

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16325: Assert failure on partitioning by int for a text value with a collation
Date: 2020-04-07 07:49:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Apr 03, 2020 at 05:29:10PM +0200, Dmitry Dolgov wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion. It's not strictly related to the fix I guess,
> but of course you're right, and we can indeed improve this part and
> replace the check with an assert.

Thanks for the new version of the patch. I have been playing a bit
today, and finished with the version attached. Some comments have
been tweaked, and I have moved the test in the block with the other
invalid cases for consistency, adding an extra test able to trigger a
similar error within the transformation step where a parse context
exists. It is a bit late now so I cannot push that today, but I'll
do that tomorrow.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
part_value_collations_v4.patch text/x-diff 3.0 KB