Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command from recovery.conf or command line

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Alexey Kondratov <a(dot)kondratov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh(dot)2007(at)gmail(dot)com>, Liudmila Mantrova <l(dot)mantrova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, vladimirlesk(at)yandex-team(dot)ru, dsarafan(at)yandex-team(dot)ru
Subject: Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command from recovery.conf or command line
Date: 2020-03-31 06:48:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 05:00:01PM +0300, Alexey Kondratov wrote:
> What do think about adding following sanity check into xlogarchive.c?
>
> +#ifdef FRONTEND
> +#error "This file is not expected to be compiled for frontend code"
> +#endif
>
> It would prevent someone from adding typedefs and any other common
> definitions into xlogarchive.h in the future, leading to the accidental
> inclusion of both xlogarchive.h and fe_archive.h in the same time.

I don't see much the point as this would fail to compile anyway, and
that's not project-style. Note that we have already a clear
separation here between the backend and the frontend code here as
xlogarchive.h is backend-only and fe_archive.h is frontend-only.

> 0002:
>
> [format comments]
>
> Let us use camel case 'restoreCommand' here as in the header for tidiness.

All this makes sense, and also note the same formatting issue in
parsexlog.c for RestoreArchivedFile(). A run of pgindent was
missing.

> I have left 0001 intact, but fixed all these small remarks in the 0002.
> Please, find it attached.

Thanks, committed 0001 after fixing the order of the headers. One
patch left.
--
Michael