Re: color by default

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>, Gavin Flower <GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: color by default
Date: 2020-03-30 08:08:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 11:56:15AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I didn't do this because it would create additional complications in the man
> pages. But there is now an index entry, so it's possible to find more
> information.

Cannot you add a link to the page for color support in each one of
them? That seems more user-friendly to me.

> I'm not sure how to do that. The full list of possible values is huge, and
> exactly what is supported depends on the terminal.

An idea is to add a reference to SGR parameters directly from
wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANSI_escape_code
However I recall that you don't like adding references to
Wiki-sensei. Please feel free to discard this idea if you don't like
it.

> Committed with those changes. This closes the commit fest item.

Thanks for the addition.
--
Michael