Re: more ALTER .. DEPENDS ON EXTENSION fixes

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar(dot)ahmad(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ahsan Hadi <ahsan(dot)hadi(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: more ALTER .. DEPENDS ON EXTENSION fixes
Date: 2020-03-11 14:14:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2020-Mar-05, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> On 2020-Mar-05, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:
>
> > Is this intentional that there is no error when removing a non-existing
> > dependency?
>
> Hmm, I think we can do nothing silently if nothing is called for.
> So, yes, that seems to be the way it should work.

I pushed 0002 to all branches (9.6+), after modifying it to silently do
nothing instead of throwing an error when the dependency exists -- same
we discussed here, for the other form of the command.
I just noticed that I failed to credit Ahsan Hadi as reviewer for this
patch :-(

Thanks for reviewing. I'll see about 0001 next, also backpatched to
9.6.

I'm still not sure whether to apply 0003 (+ your tab-completion patch,
thanks for it) to backbranches or just to master. It seems legitimate
to see it as a feature addition, but OTOH the overall feature is not
complete without it ...