Re: [HACKERS] WAL logging problem in 9.4.3?

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: noah(at)leadboat(dot)com
Cc: robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, 9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com, andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi, michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] WAL logging problem in 9.4.3?
Date: 2020-03-04 07:44:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Some fixes..

At Wed, 04 Mar 2020 16:29:19 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in
> At first I fixed several ssues in 018_wal_optimize.pl:
>
> - TRUNCATE INSERT, TRUNCATE INSERT PREPARE
>
> It wrongly passes if finally we see the value only from the first
> INSERT. I changed it so that it checks the value, not the number of
> values.

Finally it checks both number of values and the largest value.

> log_newpage_range has been introduced at PG12. Fortunately the
> required infrastructure is introduced at PG9.5 so what I need to do
> for PG95-PG11 is back-patching the function and its counter part in
- xlog_redo. It doen't WAL format itself but XLOG_FPI gets to have 2 or
+ xlog_redo. It doen't change WAL format itself but XLOG_FPI gets to have 2 or
> more backup pages so the compatibility is forward only. That is, newer
> minor versions read WAL from older minor versions, but not vise
> versea. I'm not sure it is back-patchable so in the attached the
> end-of-xact WAL feature is separated for PG9.5-PG11.
> (000x-Add-end-of-xact-WAL-feature-of-WAL-skipping.patch)

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center