Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance

From: Takuma Hoshiai <hoshiai(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: legrand legrand <legrand_legrand(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance
Date: 2020-02-28 07:29:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 14:35:55 -0700 (MST)
legrand legrand <legrand_legrand(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> > I have tried to use an other patch with yours:
> > "Planning counters in pg_stat_statements (using pgss_store)"
>
> > setting
> > shared_preload_libraries='pg_stat_statements'
> > pg_stat_statements.track=all
> > restarting the cluster and creating the extension
>

> > When trying following syntax:
>
> > create table b1 (id integer, x numeric(10,3));
> > create incremental materialized view mv1 as select id, count(*),sum(x)
> > from b1 group by id;
> > insert into b1 values (1,1)
> >
> > I got an ASSERT FAILURE in pg_stat_statements.c
> > on
> > Assert(query != NULL);
> >
> > comming from matview.c
> > refresh_matview_datafill(dest_old, query, queryEnv, NULL);
> > or
> > refresh_matview_datafill(dest_new, query, queryEnv, NULL);
> >
> > If this (last) NULL field was replaced by the query text,
> > a comment or just "n/a",
> > it would fix the problem.
>
> > Could this be investigated ?
>
> Hello,
>
> thank you for patch v14, that fix problems inherited from temporary tables.
> it seems that this ASSERT problem with pgss patch is still present ;o(
>
> Could we have a look ?

Sorry but we are busy on fixing and improving IVM patches. I think fixing
the assertion failure needs non trivial changes to other part of PosthreSQL.
So we would like to work on the issue you reported after the pgss patch
gets committed.

Best Regards,

Takuma Hoshiai

> Thanks in advance
> Regards
> PAscal
>

> --
> Sent from:
> https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-hackers-f1928748.html
>

> --
> Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-hackers-f1928748.html

--
Takuma Hoshiai <hoshiai(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>