Re: PATCH: Add uri percent-encoding for binary data

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Anders Åstrand <anders(at)449(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PATCH: Add uri percent-encoding for binary data
Date: 2020-02-20 22:27:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2019-Oct-07, Anders Åstrand wrote:

> Attached is a patch for adding uri as an encoding option for
> encode/decode. It uses what's called "percent-encoding" in rfc3986
> (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#section-2.1).

Thanks. Seems useful. I made a few cosmetic tweaks and it looks almost
ready to me; however, documentation is missing. I added a stub; can you
please complete that?

To answer Arthur Zakirov's question: yes, the standard recommends
("should") to use uppercase characters:

: For consistency, URI producers and
: normalizers should use uppercase hexadecimal digits for all percent-
: encodings.

Thanks,

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-URI-encode.patch text/x-diff 6.4 KB