Re: Clean up some old cruft related to Windows

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Clean up some old cruft related to Windows
Date: 2020-02-20 03:23:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 07:02:55PM +0100, Juan José Santamaría Flecha wrote:
> Please find a patched for so. I have tried to make it more version
> neutral.

+ You can change certain build options, such as the targeted CPU
+ architecture, build type, and the selection of the SDK by using either
+ on your <productname>Visual Studio</productname> release. All commands
+ should be run from the <filename>src\tools\msvc</filename> directory.

Both commands have different ways of doing things, and don't really
shine with their documentation, so it could save time to the reader to
add more explicit details of how to switch to the 32-bit mode, like
with "VsDevCmd -arch=x86". And I am not actually sure which
environment variable to touch when using VSVARS32.bat or
VSVARSALL.bat with MSVC <= 2017.
--
Michael