Re: standby apply lag on inactive servers

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: standby apply lag on inactive servers
Date: 2020-01-30 20:45:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2020-Jan-30, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:

> Agreed about backbranches. I'd like to preserve the word "transaction"
> as it is more familiar to users. How about something like the follows?
>
> "transactions are completed up to log time %s"

That's a good point. I used the phrase "transaction activity", which
seems sufficiently explicit to me.

So, the attached is the one for master; in back branches I would use the
same (plus minor conflict fixes), except that I would drop the message
wording changes.

Thanks for the reviews so far,

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Use-CheckPoint-time-to-update-latest-recovery-tim.patch text/x-diff 8.8 KB