Re: Patch to document base64 encoding

From: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)karlpinc(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Subject: Re: Patch to document base64 encoding
Date: 2020-01-17 18:46:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 15:44:44 -0300
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> Because of how the new tables look in the PDF docs, I thought it might
> be a good time to research how to make each function-entry occupy two
> rows: one for prototype, return type and description, and the other
> for the example and its result.

Another approach might be to fix/change the software that generates
PDFs. Or whatever turns it into latex if that's the
intermediate and really where the problem lies. (FWIW, I've had luck
with dblatex.)

(Maybe best to take this thread to the pgsql-docs mailing list?)

Regards,

Karl <kop(at)karlpinc(dot)com>
Free Software: "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
-- Robert A. Heinlein