Re: libpq parameter parsing problem

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Jobin Augustine <jobinau(at)gmail(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Oleksandr Shulgin <oleksandr(dot)shulgin(at)zalando(dot)de>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq parameter parsing problem
Date: 2020-01-14 21:56:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 2020-Jan-14, Michael Paquier wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 12:01:43PM +0530, Jobin Augustine wrote:
> > Yes, agree, readability is better with that modification.
> > Attaching a modified patch.
>
> (Please always top-post, this is the style of the PostgreSQL community
> mailing lists). The new patch looks good to me, let's see if others
> have extra thoughts to share. If not, I'll try to commit it.

The thought I had when I first saw this was that it would be better to
have a minimal, coherent set of useful examples all together in a
subsection called Examples. But then I realized that random examples
are already scattered here and there in the libpq page, so while I still
think that that would be better, I no longer think it's this patch's
responsibility to make it so.