Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions
Date: 2020-01-10 21:35:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here's a rebase of this patch series. I didn't change anything except

1. disregard what was 0005, since I already pushed it.
2. roll 0003 into 0002.
3. rebase 0007 (now 0005) to account for the reorderbuffer changes.

(I did notice that 0005 adds a new boolean any_data_sent, which is
silly -- it should be another txn_flags bit.)

However, tests don't pass for me; notably, test_decoding crashes.
OTOH I noticed that the streamed transaction support in test_decoding
writes the XID to the output, which is going to make it useless for
regression testing. It probably should not emit the numerical values.