Re: Allow CLUSTER, VACUUM FULL and REINDEX to change tablespace on the fly

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Alexey Kondratov <a(dot)kondratov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Masahiko Sawada <masahiko(dot)sawada(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Steve Singer <steve(at)ssinger(dot)info>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jose Luis Tallon <jltallon(at)adv-solutions(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Allow CLUSTER, VACUUM FULL and REINDEX to change tablespace on the fly
Date: 2020-01-07 08:05:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Jan 04, 2020 at 09:38:24PM +0300, Alexey Kondratov wrote:
> Finally, I have also merged and unified all your and Masahiko's proposals
> with my recent changes: ereport corrections, tab-completion, docs update,
> copy/equalfuncs update, etc. New version is attached. Have it come any
> closer to a committable state now?

I have not yet reviewed this patch in details (I have that on my
TODO), but at quick glance what you have here is rather close to what
I'd expect to be committable as the tablespace OID assignment from
your patch is consistent in the REINDEX code paths with the existing
ALTER TABLE handling.
--
Michael