Re: Start Walreceiver completely before shut down it on standby server.

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: jiankang liu <liujk1994(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ashwin Agrawal <aagrawal(at)pivotal(dot)io>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Start Walreceiver completely before shut down it on standby server.
Date: 2019-12-11 11:13:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 04:06:26PM +0800, jiankang liu wrote:
> During my use of PG, I encountered such errors "incorrect resource manager
> data checksum in record at 0/5013730",
> it will keeps printing this error message and never stops on standby
> server,at same time, the walreceier process is lost.
> Maybe disk problem, but also the line is operating system problems, leading
> off the data disk error occurred.

An incorrect resource manager checksum points to the checksum of a
record to be busted, because the full record has been read from disk,
but it is failing a basic sanity check. That's basically a sign of
corruption. Do you have data checksums enabled? If your WAL records
are broken, you have unfortunately good chances of having problems in
other areas of your data folder :(

At this stage, it would be wiser to run diagnostics on your server,
and be very careful with your chosen steps. Here are guidelines on
the wiki:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Corruption
--
Michael