status of CURSORs after DISCONNECT

From: Matthias Apitz <guru(at)unixarea(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: status of CURSORs after DISCONNECT
Date: 2019-11-28 06:27:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

When an ESQL/C written process issues a

EXEC SQL DISCONNECT [connection];

do the opened CURSOR(s) still survive? We run into the problem that the
father process issues DISCONNECT before forking children, the forked child
CONNECTs to the same server and database again and "thinks" it has to CLOSE the
CURSOR (perhaps a long standing bug in our application we port now from
Sybase(...) to PostgreSQL).

Thanks

matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru(at)unixarea(dot)de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045

"Glaube wenig, hinterfrage alles, denke selbst: Wie man Manipulationen durchschaut"
"Believe little, scrutinise all, think by your own: How see through manipulations"
ISBN-10: 386489218X