Search path

From: stan <stanb(at)panix(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Search path
Date: 2019-10-24 16:41:37
Lists: pgsql-general

I just was educated on the security issues of search path. As a result
I am going to define a schema for the project we are working on.
I set this in postgresql.conf

search_path = 'ica , "$user", public'

Here is the question. Will this path be in effect for users connecting from
MS Access clients? The name of this file makes me think that it only
controls instances of psql, but I need this to be effective for all
connections to the database.

neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin