Re: Securing records using linux grou permissions

From: "Peter J(dot) Holzer" <hjp-pgsql(at)hjp(dot)at>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Securing records using linux grou permissions
Date: 2019-10-19 11:32:54
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2019-10-15 13:10:13 -0400, David Gauthier wrote:
> I was hoping there was a way to integrate the user/permissions/groups in linux
> with the PG permissions functionality.

You can at least map the OS users to DB roles by using the peer or ident
authentication schemes. This way the users won't have to enter their
passwords again. But I think this works only if the client and the
server are on the same host. And you still have to maintain the groups,
although that should be easy to automate.

hp

--
_ | Peter J. Holzer | we build much bigger, better disasters now
|_|_) | | because we have much more sophisticated
__/ | http://www.hjp.at/ | -- Ross Anderson <https://www.edge.org/>