Re: Proposal: Make use of C99 designated initialisers for nulls/values arrays

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Mark Dilger <hornschnorter(at)gmail(dot)com>, Joe Nelson <joe(at)begriffs(dot)com>, Isaac Morland <isaac(dot)morland(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Smith, Peter" <peters(at)fast(dot)au(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal: Make use of C99 designated initialisers for nulls/values arrays
Date: 2019-10-03 02:08:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Oct 02, 2019 at 02:55:39PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Mark Dilger <hornschnorter(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>> (I'm sitting on a few patches until v12 goes out the door from some
>> conversations with you several months ago, and perhaps I'll include a
>> patch for this cleanup, too, when time comes for v13 patch sets to be
>> submitted.
>
> That would be now. We already ran one CF for v13.

+1.

>> My past experience submitting patches shortly before a
>> release was that they get ignored.)
>
> What you need to do is add 'em to the commitfest app. They might
> still get ignored for awhile, but we won't forget about them.

The last commit fest of v13 will begin on March, and the next one is
planned for the beginning of November:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/25/
So you still have plently of time to get something into 13.

Here are also some guidelines:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch
But you are already aware of anyway, right? :p
--
Michael