Re: pg_upgrade issues

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Dave Cramer <davecramer(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade issues
Date: 2019-09-27 17:53:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 10:58:02AM -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
> pgjdbc has a bug report which is as follows:
>
> The database has a table that has a description and a constraint.
> The constraint also has a description.
>
> somehow the constraint and the table end up with the same OID's after
> pg_upgrade.
>
> My understanding of pg_upgrade suggests that shouldn't happen ? I realize oids
> are not guaranteed to be unique, but this seems to be quite a coincidence.

Uh, the table and the table constraint have the same pg_description oid?
pg_upgrade just restores the pg_description descriptions and doesn't
modify them. Do you get an error on restore because of the duplicate
pg_description oids?

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Ancient Roman grave inscription +