Re: Commit fest 2019-09

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commit fest 2019-09
Date: 2019-09-16 14:24:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The third week for this commitfest starts. The numbers now:

statusstring │ week1 │ week2 │ week3
────────────────────────┼───────┼───────┼───────
Needs review │ 165 │ 138 │ 116
Waiting on Author │ 30 │ 44 │ 51
Ready for Committer │ 11 │ 5 │ 8
Returned with Feedback │ 1 │ 4 │ 5
Moved to next CF │ 2 │ 4 │ 4
Committed │ 14 │ 23 │ 32
Rejected │ 1 │ 1 │ 1
Withdrawn │ 4 │ 9 │ 11
(8 filas)

It seems to me that we're moving forward at a decent pace, if not super
fast. At least, we're keeping patch authors busy! The number of
patches waiting on committers are steadily low, which seems to be saying
that committers are making a pretty decent job at the final instance for
patches. Still, there's a lot of stuff that just sits there ... and of
course committers could help with that also.

That said, we do need non-committer contributors to review other
people's patches. Please do your part and review patches of at least
equivalent complexity to the patches you're submitting!