Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions
Date: 2019-09-03 10:39:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 02, 2019 at 06:06:50PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>In the interest of moving things forward, how far are we from making
>0001 committable? If I understand correctly, the rest of this patchset
>depends on https://commitfest.postgresql.org/24/944/ which seems to be
>moving at a glacial pace (or, actually, slower, because glaciers do
>move, which cannot be said of that other patch.)

I think 0001 is mostly there. I think there's one bug in this patch
version, but I need to check and I'll post an updated version shortly if
needed.

FWIW maybe we should stop comparing things to glaciers. 50 years from not
people won't know what a glacier is, and it'll be just like the floppy
icon on the save button.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com