Re: SSPI auth and mixed case usernames

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Niels Jespersen <NJN(at)dst(dot)dk>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSPI auth and mixed case usernames
Date: 2019-08-30 14:21:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings,

* Niels Jespersen (NJN(at)dst(dot)dk) wrote:
> Hello Magnus
> Thank you for your prompt reply.
> I’m not sure I understand your last statement. I want to achieve that
> regardless of the case of the entered username is logged into the same
> Postgres user (whose name is created in all lowercase).
> In other words, Windows usernames one day entered as XYz, the next day
> entered as xYz, should logon to Postgres user xyz.

You just have to make sure that the users tell whatever program they're
using to connect to PG (like psql, pgAdmin, whatever) that their PG
username is 'xyz'. If they try to log in as 'XYZ' then that's gonna be
a different PG user.

If you have some other application that's being used to connect to PG
then you could do the lowercase in the app...

Thanks,

Stephen