no default hash partition

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: no default hash partition
Date: 2019-08-06 22:27:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Given the discussion starting at
https://postgr.es/m/CAFjFpRdBiQjZm8sG9+s0x8Re-afHds6MFLgGuw0wVUNLGrVOQg@mail.gmail.com
we don't have default-partition support with the hash partitioning
scheme. That seems a reasonable outcome, but I think we should have a
comment about it (I had to search the reason for this restriction in the
hash-partitioning patch set). How about the attached? Does anyone see
a reason to make this more verbose, and if so to what?

... unless somebody wants to argue that we should have the feature; if
so please share your patch.

Thanks

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Add-comment-on-no-default-partition-with-hash-partit.patch text/x-diff 909 bytes