Re: Undocumented PQdisplayTuples and PQprintTuples in libpq

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Undocumented PQdisplayTuples and PQprintTuples in libpq
Date: 2019-08-05 05:46:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 05, 2019 at 06:54:32AM +0200, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> How do you know that they are not used by anyone in the wild?
> If they are broken, it would be a clue. If not, possibly someone somewhere
> could be using it, eg for debug (what does this result look like?).

They have been around for more than 19 years, and they have been
undocumented for this much amount of time. github does not report any
reference to any of them. Of course I cannot say that nobody has code
using them, but the odds that this number is close to zero are really
high, and that they ought to use something a bit newer if need be.
--
Michael