Re: Add parallelism and glibc dependent only options to reindexdb

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Daniel Verite <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Add parallelism and glibc dependent only options to reindexdb
Date: 2019-07-22 15:18:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2019-Jul-19, Julien Rouhaud wrote:

> > For the second patch, could you send a rebase with a fix for the
> > connection slot when processing the reindex commands?
>
> Attached, I also hopefully removed all the now unneeded progname usage.

BTW "progname" is a global variable in logging.c, and it's initialized
by pg_logging_init(), so there's no point in having a local variable in
main() that's called the same and initialized the same way. You could
just remove it from the signature of all those functions
(connectDatabase and callers), and there would be no visible change.

Also: [see attached]

Attachment Content-Type Size
less-progname.patch text/x-diff 1.3 KB