Re: buildfarm's typedefs list has gone completely nutso

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: buildfarm's typedefs list has gone completely nutso
Date: 2019-07-10 17:34:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2019-07-10 12:57:08 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> The current HEAD typedefs list available from
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/typedefs.pl
> has the following interesting additions compared to where
> things were on July 1:
>
> 2
> ECPGt_bytea
> connection_name
> in_addr
> pg_fprintf
> send_appname

Huh.

> The "2" in particular is causing seriously bad pgindent results for
> me.

I haven't run pgindent, but I certainly can imagine...

> But as far as I can tell, none of these have any justification being
> marked as a typedef.
>
> calliphoridae seems to be contributing the "2" and "pg_fprintf".
> I didn't track down the rest (but calliphoridae is not to blame).

> Was there any change in calliphoridae's toolchain this month?

Hm, it has gotten gcc-9 installed recently, but calliphoridae isn't
using that. So it's probably not the compiler side. But I also see a
binutils upgrade:

2019-07-08 06:22:48 upgrade binutils-multiarch:amd64 2.31.1-16 2.32.51.20190707-1

and corresponding upgrades forall the arch specific packages. I suspect
it might be that.

I can't immediately reproduce that locally though, using the same
version of binutils. It's somewhat annoying that the buildfarm uses a
different form of computing the typedefs than src/tools/find_typedef ...

Greetings,

Andres Freund