Re: PGOPTIONS="-fh" make check gets stuck since Postgres 11

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGOPTIONS="-fh" make check gets stuck since Postgres 11
Date: 2019-07-09 02:45:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 09, 2019 at 02:30:51PM +1200, Thomas Munro wrote:
> Yeah. I had obviously never noticed that test script. +1 for just
> enabling hash joins the top of join_hash.sql in 12+, and the
> equivalent section in 11's join.sql (which is luckily at the end of
> the file).

Right, I did not pay much attention to REL_11_STABLE. In this case
the test begins around line 2030 and reaches the bottom of the file.
I would actually add a RESET at the bottom of it to avoid any tests to
be impacted, as usually bug-fix tests are just appended. Thomas,
perhaps you would prefer fixing it yourself? Or should I?
--
Michael